Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Chauffered by Seth


In just three days Seth (thanks, Seth) will pick me up at the Marist House, and after catching up on things will drop me off at Dulles International for the journey to LaNeyliere. I don't look forward to the traveling but anticipate a good period of renewal of my Marist heritage.

By the way, I've been with the Society of Mary since I was 13 years old. In September of 1971 I entered the Marist minor seminary (Marist Prep). Yes, I know! I was young. But people did that in those days. They were more than good years for me and I met a lot of fantastic men who influenced me greatly.

I officially became a member of the Society of Mary in 1981 when I took the vows of chastity, poverty and obedience. The journey has been wonderful and along the way I've shared life with so many incredible people -- my Marist brothers, my friends, and you guys at the Newman Center in SLO. With traveling companions like you, how could things be any better.

Keep me in your prayers this Saturday as I begin this 'adventure.'

2 comments:

  1. Wow, that's cool that your roots with the Marists go so far back! It'll be cool to follow your journey and learn a bit more. You're in our prayers and will continue to be! - Carlos

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck and God bless. May St. Christopher protect you in your Journey.

    ReplyDelete