Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Nourishment & Sustenance

I know my SLO Newman friends are worried about me. I’m sure the burning question on your minds is: Is Fr. Kevin getting enough salad to eat? Well, no worries. There’s WINE at lunch and dinner. We spend at least an hour for each of the two bigger meals. They serve each course separately. So we’re not just eating. We’re dining! The retreat house is very full right now, so the Marist Renewal Program wanders for meals. We move from room to room to accommodate the many groups who are here for retreats and conferences.

No worries about wine at both meals, however. The alcoholic content of the wine is 11% so it’s less than what we’re used to in the US. But the bad news is………no vodka and tonics. UGH! I guess I’ll survive.

Tomorrow we head to Le Puy, which is a city with an enormous shrine (Nore Dame de Le Puy) and a special place of pilgrimage for Catholics.









It’s also where one, of the original group (Jean Claude Courveille), experienced a miraculous healing of his sight. He was one of the original group. He, Jean Claude Colin, and several others, as seminarians, committed themselves to beginning the Society of Mary. We all know they did a pretty good job because Marists are all over the world – including of all places San Luis Obispo. But in order to keep this project going, we'll need some of you guys at SLO Newman to step up to the plate (you knew it was coming!).

Well enough for now. Early to bed as tomorrow promises to be a big day with lots of walking and climbing. By the way, Fr. Bruce says, HI!

3 comments:

  1. I'm glad things are going well. I was definitely praying for your safety on your flight and for your connection. Remember, relax and de-stress Mommy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wine that much? I'm jealous already. And when did you get corny in your blog? Must've brushed off from Father John. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you had a good time in Le Puy (BTW, that is SUCH a French word! I wish I could pronounce it for you with my beautiful French accent! HA!)

    Love the pictures!!

    Hi! Fr. Bruce!

    :D

    ReplyDelete