Thursday, May 7, 2009

Recovery From 3 Day Pilgrimage

Today was a quiet day. More like a recovery from the intense three days of traveling and visiting a 'plethora' of sites (I know it's a big word). I was able to get a good run in this afternoon and the weather was gorgeous -- for the first time. That's means I was able to run in t-shirt and shorts. Believe me it's not easy to run after lunch which always includes wine. But I'm disciplined, and very concerned about the amount of food and cheese I'm consuming!

We spent time today sharing our impressions of these days. Of course, we talked about the hospitality of Sr. Marie (a Marist Sister) who received us in Bon Repos (John Weege can translate that for you non-Francophiles). Everyone also spoke of the Chanel Shrine and the children we encountered there -- it added an aspect of real current life to our visit. It's amazing how we are each touched by something a little different. I guess that's God's way of keeping us open.



(Frs. Bruce, Joel, and me standing before St. John Vianney's Confessional. Notice it's been picked apart by folks looking for secondary relics of this great man.)


We are to meet for a libation tonight to greet our presenter (Fr. Alois Grelier, SM) for the next two days. He's a German Marist. I'm looking forward to hearing him and learning from his research and experience.

Well I'm off to the libation. But just to show you that I am working! See me at my desk? Miss y'all at Newman. I'm praying for you as you gear up for all the mid-terms.

1 comment:

  1. That last picture was my favorite- way to work father! We all miss you here.
    ~Yesenia

    ReplyDelete