Sunday, May 10, 2009

Solemn Vespers Day

Sunday is always a day that is a bit quieter. The weather was not great today. I keep praying that some of this rain will head your way. We did have Mass this morning with a large group of Lay Marists from the various parts of France. They converged for a weekend together of prayer and sharing. It was wonderful to see. Lots of children and several teenagers (we did not see the teenagers at breakfast -- go figure!). They had lots of life and while I could have used John Weege to translate the homily for me, it was wonderful celebrating with this lively group.


(Frs Juliano, Joel, Brother Leonard,

and me -- I have no idea where we were!

PS: I was told by our director -- who's apparently reading the blog -- Yikes!
that this shot is in St. Marcellin Champagnat's bedroom in Rosey near Marhles.)



Several of us also toured the Musem of Oceania, which is here at La Neyliere. Again, language created some difficulties but with some help we got through that as well.



(Museum of Oceania / guided tour with language difficulties.)


I also decided to take a 360 degree shot (movie) of the property so you can see what the interior of the property looks like. It's quite beautiful, and aside from St Foy, I think, it's the only other place we own where Fr. Colin lived and worked. As Bernd would say, it would be a sin to lose it. I AGREE. (See the video below. Remember! I've not done this before and I have no idea what I'm doing. I hope it works.)

Tomorrow we start a more quiet routine -- they are called 'deepening' days. In other words, it's time to contemplate all that we have taken in these past several weeks and allow God to do His work. Thankfully, I'll also have the 28 days in Colorado to process all this as well. I'm grateful to my brother Marist for gifting me with all this blessed time.

1 comment: